MINISTRY POSITION: Small Group Leader
- Have a growing relationship with Jesus Christ (preferably for 2 years or more)
- Recognize the Bible as the authority for your life
- Have the desire, time, and commitment to lead a small group
- Have small group experience at Community Baptist Church (preferably)
- Be a partner of Community Baptist Church (or taking steps toward partnership)
Role of Small Group Leader:
A small group leader provides vision, direction, and support so each group member has the opportunity to experience spiritual transformation. Leaders are successful when they are personally growing in their understanding and incorporation of the Six Spiritual Habits and are encouraging group members to do the same. Small Group Leaders are supported by a Community Life Leader.
A small group leader might have one or more of the following spiritual gifts:
- Leadership (Romans 12:8)
- Teaching (Acts 18:24-28)
- Encouragement (Acts 14:22)
- Administration (Acts 6:1-7)
- Shepherd/Pastor (1 Peter 5:1-3)
- Evangelism (Acts 8:26-40)
- Wisdom (Acts 6:3, Acts 6:10)
- Service/Helps (Acts 6:2-4)
- Lead the small group by facilitating the group meeting, monitoring its health and duration, and promoting shared ownership of the group among group members.
- Commit to engage in leadership development opportunities and Small Group Leaders Trainings (offered 3-4 times per year).
- Demonstrate a commitment to the values and vision of Community Baptist Church.
For more information, please contact Carolyn 909.945.5001 x277.