Community News from Dr. Bob Logan – 5/17/23
How are you experiencing God?
We want to continue to be intentional about experiencing God—both as a community of faith and as individuals. Just as we talked about during this past Sunday’s sermon, we can every day give ourselves over to God, praying to him, “Lord, your servant is listening.” In that way, we make a habit of being available to whatever God may want to do in your life, in the lives of those around you, and in cooperation with his Holy Spirit. Listening to the voice of God is always an unexpected adventure. If you missed the most recent sermon, click here for the recording.
Reflections on Richard’s memorial and reception
As you know, we have experienced a sudden and unexpected death in our community. Dozens from Community Rancho showed up to support Richard Purnell’s family. What an incredible outpouring of love. It was encouraging to hear stories about Richard’s faithfulness to his family and his church. Many shared moving stories about how his faithful presence made a difference in their lives. The Hospitality team really did great work to make the reception a loving place for people to grieve their loss and celebrate his life.
Recovering from loss
A new 5-week in person group for men and women will be a place to walk through unwanted changes such as a broken relationship, losses of custody or a job or possessions, the departure of a beloved pastor, health losses or unmet goals and dreams, and so many more. (As we know so well, the loss of a loved one is a whole other support group.) Bring your sadness, anger, strength and hope to the group and together we will allow God’s love to minister to us. Kammy Sislofsky and Janet Logan will be co-leading the first session. Prayer Team member Vivian Curato will be present to offer prayer support. Register here.
Youth and children’s ministry celebrations
God is doing great things! Here are some of the latest things we see happening with our children’s and youth ministries:
- Camp is around the corner! Not only have we seen all of our 32 spots filled by students (elementary, middle school, and high school), but we’ve now got a great group of eight adult counselors. God is providing!
- We’re promoting five middle school students to high school, and one elementary student to middle school. As our kids grow, we’re meeting them where they are with age-appropriate activities and classes.
- We have four high school students jumping into our student leadership team – giving them real leadership and ministry experience. We’re serious about seeing the next generation of leaders developed!
- Four of our middle school students are serving as worship leaders, teaching our elementary students to engage in worship with their whole hearts!
Spiritual Gift Discovery
Stop by the patio table any Sunday in May to pick up a questionnaire that will reveal your Holy Spirit-given gift(s). Spiritual Gift Advisor Appointment cards will be available to set up a conversation about it.
Living with Less Stress and Anxiety
This group is a 5-week Zoom group for men and women from 7:00-8:00pm on Thursdays, June 1, 8, 15, 22 & 29. Sign up HERE. Five openings remain.
- Week 1: Recognize that anxiety can be understood and managed
- Week 2: The way life is supposed to be
- Week 3: The connection between anxiety and what you believe about God
- Week 4: The truth about God–God is on your side
- Week 5: Rebuilding on truth
God has good things ahead for us:
However, as it is written:
“What no eye has seen,
what no ear has heard,
and what no human mind has conceived”—
the things God has prepared for those who love him—
these are the things God has revealed to us by his Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. (1 Corinthians 2:9-10)
Share your joy:
Please respond by sharing with us how you’ve been experiencing God. Even just small changes you’re making in your everyday life as you live in God’s love can make a huge difference. Email us at email@example.com.